Thursday, June 15, 2006

Bike Light Update

I realized this morning as I saw the clip of my bike light hanging on my bag that I never got around to posting a followup on my new bike light. I have to say, I'm quite disappointed. There are two fundamental flaws in design. First off, while the cover stays on nicely, the light slides off the plastic clip all the time. The design of the clip makes it easy to duct tape it on to my Timbuk2 strap, but I'd like to have the light stay on my bag as well as the clip. Secondly, the little rubber cover on the switch keeps coming off. It's mostly an irritation as it doesn't ever seem to get lost and is relatively easy to put back on, but annoying nonetheless. The worst part of the switch is that the button is too easy to turn on and off, so it's usually left on, and I'm sure by now the battery is drained. Sadly what this means is that I have a bike light clip currently on my bag, but the light itself is sitting inside my bag. When will bike light manufacturers finally create a light that is appropriately designed for the bike light strap of my Timbuk2 bag?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home