Friday, January 13, 2006

Bike Light First Thoughts

So I finally got around to picking up my new tail light yesterday. A few things that I noticed right away. When I walked into my dark apartment, the reflector was so bright that for a second I thought the light was on (until I realized that I had yet to put in the batteries). One of the big problems with my previous light was that when clipped to the light strap on my Timbuk2 bag, either the red cover would fall off or the entire light would fall off (even with the light duct taped in place). The latter is the reason I have recently been without light. The design of this light is to have a longer clip part that sticks out, which I have duct taped together. I think this will actually hold better than with the previous light where the tape would roll off over time. The cover on this light also seems pretty solid. I was unable to remove the cover without the assistance of a quarter, so I'm hoping that means it won't easily come off. I'll try to give another update after the light has been in use for a month or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home