Friday, December 02, 2005

Originally posted here on 12/16/04. It should be noted that while I still think this product is cool in theory, the battery seems to die relatively quickly, and so I have not used it for the last 6 months or so. Instead, I have these clips that I will post about soon.

I was at Bed Bath and Beyond yesterday looking for coffee grinders (my Mr. Coffee grinder broke after only a few weeks. I ended up finding nothing better, so I'm giving the Mr. Coffee another try) and, as an impulse buy, I got the EuroSeal.



I'm sure you have all seen the device before, but it's rare to bring one home. I think i was given "as seen on TV"-purchasing genes from my dad. I remember around the holidays, there was this old run down mall in Aurora, CO that would have all kinds of stands set up in the middle of the mall selling knives, etc. Now, they have actual As Seen on TV stores. We had lots of that crap in our house including my favorite, the knock off nordic track. My previous experience buying as seen on TV goods from Bed Bath and Beyond was so successful (I bought a safety can from them. Unfortunately it seems that no one else agreed with me on the awesomeness of this product as it no longer seems to be made. I hope mine doesn't break) that I decided to give it another go. So, what do I think?

I unpacked my crammed freezer full of rubber banded bags and EuroSealed them all. Everything now lays nice and flat with their airtight seals. On top of that, I no longer have to collect rubber bands that I get in the mail (apparently mail that is forwarded seems to come in rubber bands. as does broccoli). I do agree that there is a slight learning curve to get the perfect airtight seal, but I'm sure that once I master it, it'll become one of my most treasured kitchen appliances. I give it two thumbs up.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home