Friday, December 02, 2005

Garlic Twist

(Copied over from my other blog)

The other day I stopped by Viking Home Chef, and I couldn't help myself: I purchased a Garlic Twist. I am perfectly aware that this item falls into the category of gadgets I really don't need. Luckily, it compensates for its lack of utility with its small size. So, for those of you who believe in things like the garlic press, this is the gadget for you. It successfully minces rather than smashes your garlic, and it's much easier to clean. For me, I figure it saves about 2 seconds off the time it would take me to mince the garlic with my knife, which, in itself, is not a very good sell. However, I'm usually too lazy to spend even the 5 seconds it takes to mince garlic. So the real enticement of this gadget is the fun factor. Since it's fun to use, I am more likely to take the 3 seconds to mince my garlic with the garlic twist (as opposed to just skipping the garlic, which I often do) than I am to mince with the knife. Yeah for worthless gadgets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home